The power of III

Summum ius summa iniuria--More law, less justice
--Cicero.

30 October 2010

How do you think of your Rights?

I often see people refer to the Bill of Rights as if the government is the one that guarantees the rights.

Those individual rights, as envisioned by the Founders, and as I see them myself, are innate, Natural rights that I have (granted by G-d, the Creator, Nature, etc.,) because I am a living Man.  The Bill of Rights is simply a government statement that such specific rights as listed shall not be infringed upon.

The current local and federal government employees like policemen, FBI, ATF, TSA, etc., do not have this concept at the forefront of their minds when they start dealing with a citizen, do they?  We need to re-educate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment