The power of III

Summum ius summa iniuria--More law, less justice
--Cicero.

22 December 2010

Traveling today



I left a love note for the TSA in my checked bag that says:



My desire to travel freely in my own country does not
Imply consent to search my belongings,
Despite unconstitutional laws which may give you the power to do so.

Since I cannot do anything otherwise, I write this reminder to whomever may read it if/when my bag is opened when I am not present.

If you swore an oath to uphold the Constitution, you should read what the Constitution says, and understand the clear meaning and intent of the words.

On a second page is the following:

Ninth Amendment

The enumeration in the Constitution,
Of certain rights,
Shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the People.

Fourth Amendment

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Lets see if I get in trouble for reminding them of their oath.  Let you know.

1 comment: