The power of III

Summum ius summa iniuria--More law, less justice
--Cicero.

21 March 2011

Quotes of the Day, 3/21, courtesy of George Carlin

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.



---------------------------- 

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
 
 
 
-----------------------------
 
Some people see things that are and ask, Why? 
Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? 
 
Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that. 

----------------------------
 
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.  
 
 
 
---------------------------
 
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
 
 
------------------------------
 
"I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence?
 
Facial shackles come gratis with marriage certificate
 

------------------------------
 

I think people should be allowed to do anything they want. We haven't tried that for a while. Maybe this time it'll work.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment